2023 Summer Day Camp
View 2023 SUMMER DAY CAMP THEMES
The Woodroe Woods Summer Program is for children who completed grades K through 5th. It offers a stimulating and creative environment through a variety of interactive and hands-on activities led by our staff, special event coordinators, and distinguished guests.
Come experience an exciting summer at Woodroe Woods!
2023 SUMMER CAMP FORMS
Camp, illness, masking & travel policy is below. Please review the policies prior to submitting enrollment forms.
For each camper, download and complete the SUMMER REGISTRATION forms.
Complete, date, sign, scan and return completed forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camper’s spot is held upon receipt of $200 deposit and completed forms.
Invoice(s) will be issued from email@example.com via the email address provided on the form. Upon receipt, payment may be made via ACH (no fee) or Credit Card (3% processing fee).
Woodroe Woods Summer Program
Details below includes:
– Camp FAQ
– Illness, Masking and Travel Policy
– Camp Policies and Procedures
ENGAGING DAILY ACTIVITIES: Our days are loaded with art, sports, games, biking, reading, crafts, and cooperative play.
MORNING SNACK: Healthy snack provided every day.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Camp runs between the hours of 9am and 3pm. Hours of operation 7am – 6pm. Before and after care included.
FAQ: Please, see below for a list of the most frequently asked questions, and feel free to contact us with any other question.
- How do I pay for summer camp? Will you issue an invoice?
Yes. The invoice(s) will be sent to the email provided.
- I have already paid for a deposit months ago. Will it be applied towards my tuition?
Yes, of course. Your deposit will be deducted from the final session your camper attends.
- Can I pay for camp and not send my child every day?
Yes, you may pay for camp in its entirety, and choose the days you want to attend. You must call in within 24 hours for any absence and give the reason, whether illness (please give details) or vacation.
- Can I start sending my child to camp a couple of days after the start date? Will you prorate the tuition?
You may register and pay for the session, and join whenever you are available, however tuition will not be prorated for a late start.
- Are there going to be discounts for partial attendance?
Unfortunately, partial attendance as a plan is not offered at this time.
- Can I get a refund for days not attended?
Camp tuition is non-refundable unless camp is cancelled by Woodroe Woods or has to be halted due to orders issued by the authorities.
- Are you offering a ½ day option?
At this time, we are not offering options other than the five sessions advertised.
- Do I have to register for all sessions?
No. You can register for whichever session(s) you prefer.
- How are pick-up and drop-off going to be?
Please drop off your camper by 8:45am to ensure they are not late to the planned activities. Parent or authorized person must connect with a staff member at drop off and at pick up. Campers will not be admitted or released without the presence of an authorized person.
- Can I request to be in the same group as a buddy?
Absolutely! Please let us know your preference and we will do our best to accommodate campers. Children are grouped by age, which allows for better targeting of activities to their interests and abilities.
MASKING FAQ: Mask & Sick Policy (updated 3/22/23)
- Are children supposed to wear masks?
No. However, campers are welcome to wear a mask. Any camper exhibiting symptoms are required to wear a mask while on campus. Instances when mask wearing is required is found below.
- Will Woodroe provide face masks for the children?
Woodroe will not provide face masks, please spend some time trying to find a mask that best fits and is best tolerated by your child. We will have emergency back-ups on campus.
- Will parents need to wear a face mask?
No. However, parents are welcome to wear a mask.
- Will staff wear masks?
Some staff may wear a face mask.
WHEN IS MASK WEARING REQUIRED? Illness, Mask and Travel Policy (updated April 2023)
- Woodroe Woods recommends continued masking for all unvaccinated students. Masking is also required under the following circumstances:
–Symptoms – Mask wearing within the classroom or outside will be enforced for all students who exhibit any cold/Covid-like symptoms (including residual symptoms).
-Should a student have a fever, they should remain home until they are fever free for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication.
- 10 Day Masking Requirement – Any student directly exposed to Covid, regardless of vaccination status, must remain masked for a total of 10 consecutive days.
- Covid Positive Masking Requirement – Any Covid positive student(s) must remain isolated at home, for a minimum of 5 days. Upon return, a mask must be worn through the 10th day. With 2 sequential negative tests taken at least one day apart, confirmed case may remove mask sooner.
— OFF SITE COVID EXPOSURE – If a student is exposed outside the program, they must remain home for at least 24 hours to monitor for any Covid-like symptoms. Student is to test 3-5 days after exposure. Student is to wear a mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially indoor.
- Persons previously infected in the last 31-90 days should also test, even if asymptomatic and regardless of vaccination status.
-All students are to keep a clean spare mask in their backpack, to be used as needed on campus.
An antigen test must be taken at the earliest onset of symptoms or exposure. Emailed photographic proof of the test must include the child’s name and date of test taken. A second test may be required on day 3-5, if symptoms have not resolved, or they worsen. If a second test is requested, emailed photographic proof of the test must include the child’s name and date of test taken. Until all symptoms have resolved, students must remain masked while at school.
It is at the Administration’s discretion to determine if a student is well enough to attend the program. Symptoms must be mostly resolved, and not hinder their ability to participate.
2023 SUMMER CAMP POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Woodroe Woods offers a Summer Camp for children who have completed kindergarten, and not older than having completed 5th grade. The camp runs Monday through Friday, 9am – 3pm with before and after care from 7am to 9am and 3pm to 6pm.
- It is expected that campers be picked up promptly at the close of the day. After 6pm, there will be a late fee charge of $2.00 for the first 5 minutes, $2.00 per minute up to up to 6:14pm ($20.00) thereafter $3.00 for every minute past 6:15pm.
- Tuition price is by session of 2 weeks, payable in advance by May 14th for the 1st session, June 2nd for the 2nd session, June 16th for the 3rd session, July 7th for the 4th session, and July 14th for the 5th session. Camp Siblings Discount: The camper registered for the most amount of sessions pays the full amount. Camp siblings on the same or reduced schedule receives a 20% discount. I will be obligated for my child’s tuition based on the registration form. The rate will remain the same for the duration of the camp.
- A late charge of $30.00 will be added to the tuition if not paid within 5 days after the due date. There is a $50 charge for each returned payment. We reserve the right to request money orders or cash if checks have been returned to us. No portion of the tuition will be refunded if the student is absent, withdrawn, or otherwise unable to complete the summer camp.
- Checks are not accepted. Payment is to be submitted online via emailed invoice(s). ACH is no cost to you, however, the Credit Card processing fee is 3%.
- Children MUST BE ACCOMPANIED IN AND OUT OF THE SCHOOL AT ALL TIMES. At drop off and at pick up, Adult must make contact with a staff member. Staff will track time of arrival and time of departure.
- All notices from the school will be emailed to the address on file.
- On a daily basis, all campers are required to bring a backpack with a clean extra mask, sunscreen (labeled), a labeled clean fresh water bottle, and a healthy lunch.
- The child is to be in good health while attending. In case of any indication of illness or possible serious injury, the parent or guardian will be notified immediately and will be expected to pick up an ill child as soon as possible after a call from the school. It is important that emergency information is complete and kept up to date. The parent will be informed of all injuries, even of a minor nature, either by phone, in person, or through an “Injury Report”.
- If my child is ill and must remain at home, I will phone the school as soon as possible. I will not send a child to summer camp if ill (or suspected of being ill). If there is any question regarding the child’s illness, the school will request that the camper have an antigen Covid Test taken. A negative test result is to be provided prior to returning and a note from a medical professional may be requested. Health regulations require that the caregiver notify the school immediately of any contagious diseases or serious illness.
- Absolutely no medications will be dispensed without prior approval of one of the Directors. Medications must be brought in to the office by a parent/guardian and handed to an office administrator. The parent is required to complete Parent Consent for Administration of Medications Form. All medication must be kept in the office. I will not send medication of any kind, including cough drops, eye drops, in my child’s backpack, lunchbox, etc. I will check with my pediatrician about antibiotics that can be given twice a day, morning and night, therefore eliminating the necessity of a dose at school. The school would like to discourage the dispensing of medications at school.
- In the event of lice infestation, I will abide by the school policy: once nits are detected, parents will be called and the child will be expected to be picked up. The child can return to camp the next day after product treatment and nit removal has been done. Your child must be brought to the office to be checked prior to returning to class. If nits are present upon re-screening, the child will not be allowed to return until he/she is nit-free. Re-application of the nit removal product is to be completed 7-10 days after detection. In the event of an outbreak, notices will be placed in all communication files.
- All clothing, helmets, bikes, personal belongings must be labeled with the child’s name. Permanent markers on masking tape may be a good option.
- Woodroe Woods School will not be held responsible for lost or damaged items.
- The child should be dressed in comfortable play clothes. No slippers or flipflops are allowed – flat sandals with back straps are allowed.
- The school reserves the right to terminate this agreement for the following reasons (but not limited to):
- Parents do not observe this agreement
- Payment is not received timely
- The child threatens the safety or well-being of him/herself or others
- The child exhibits a consistently disruptive behavior
- Woodroe Inc. admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
If you have any questions regarding your camper or the program, please call the office at 510-582-3273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.